You can also find recommendations of my work on LinkedIn.
I am completing my dissertation based on fieldwork on the presidential election in Ghana, with a focus on the two main candidates' campaign organizations. As a scholar, I am curious about why and how political organizations adopt and adapt digital media technologies for campaigning, and how the technologies impact campaigns' relationships with voters. More broadly, my interests include social network analysis, effects of digital media on political polarization, user research, and technology and public policy. Other things that might be of interest but not on this page: publications, research, and coursework.
Dissertation: study of how presidential campaigns use digital media for internal organization and voter mobilization.
Program exposes students to some of the best practices in starting and growing a business across different industries.
Thesis: study of how local campaigns use digital media for political mobilization.
Thesis: study of how young people in new democracies use digital media for political mobilization.
Program focuses on a wide range of communication professions including public relations, journalism (broadcast, print, and online), and information management.
These are courses I assist professors to teach.
- Introduction to Communication (Winter 2018)
- Mass Media Law (Autumn 2017)
- Mass Media Law (Spring 2017)
- Intellectual Foundations of American Journalism (Winter 2017)
- International Media Images (Spring 2016)
These are courses I assisted professors to teach.
- Introduction to Communication (Winter 2016)
- Introduction to Communication II (Autumn 2015)
- Public Debate (Spring 2015)
- Introduction to Communication (Winter 2015)
- Qualitative Research Methods (Autumn 2014)
- Introduction to Public Speaking (Spring 2014)
- Introduction to Communication (Autumn 2013)
These are courses I exclusively designed and taught.
- Introduction to Communication (Summer 2016)
- Navigating Information Systems (Summer 2015)
Chester Fritz International Research and Study Fellowship, University of Washington Graduate School
Peter Clarke Research Grant, Department of Communication, University of Washington
Mortar Board Jones Campbell Scholarship, University of Washington
Visiting Predoctoral Fellowship, School of Public Policy, Central European University, Budapest
Travel Grant, Graduate and Professional Student Senate, University of Washington
Ottenberg-Winans Fellowship, Jackson School of International Studies, University of Washington
Research Grant, Department of Communication, University of Washington Joint Faculty Research Grant with Prof. Philip Howard, University of Washington
Fieldwork Research Grant, University of Oxford
Eni Scholarship, St. Antony’s College, University of Oxford
- American Political Science Association (APSA)
- International Communication Association (ICA)
- International Political Science Association (IPSA)
- User Experience Professsionals Association (UXPA)