You can also find recommendations of my work on LinkedIn.
I recently concluded dissertation fieldwork on the presidential election in Ghana, with a focus on the two main candidates' campaign organizations. As a scholar, I am curious about why and how political organizations adopt and adapt technology for campaigning, and how the technologies impact their relationship with voters.
More broadly, my interests include social network analysis, political candidate and product marketing, effects of digital media on political polarization, user research, and technology and public policy.
Please email me at adeizam (at) uw.edu if you want to discuss a job or a funding opportunity. I'll send you a tailored resume.
2016 - Present
These are courses I assist professors to teach.
- Mass Media Law Autumn 2017
- Mass Media Law Spring 2017
- Intellectual Foundations of American Journalism Winter 2017
- International Media Images Spring 2016
2013 - 2016
These are courses I assisted different professors to teach.
- Introduction to Communication Winter 2016
- Introduction to Communication II Autumn 2015
- Public Debate Spring 2015
- Introduction to Communication Winter 2015
- Qualitative Research Methods Autumn 2014
- Introduction to Public Speaking Spring 2014
- Introduction to Communication Autumn 2013
Summer 2015, 2016
These are courses I exclusively designed and taught.
- Introduction to Communication Summer 2016
- Navigating Information Systems Summer 2015
June 2017 - September 2017
2013 - 2017
2012 - 2013
2012 - 2013
2011 - Present
- Chester Fritz International Research and Study Fellowship, University of Washington Graduate School
- Peter Clarke Research Grant, Department of Communication, University of Washington
- Mortar Board Jones Campbell Scholarship, University of Washington
- Visiting Predoctoral Fellowship, School of Public Policy, Central European University, Budapest
- Travel Grant, Graduate and Professional Student Senate Travel Grant, University of Washington
- Ottenberg-Winans Fellowship, Jackson School of International Studies, University of Washington
- Research Grant, Department of Communication, University of Washington
- Joint Faculty Research Grant with Prof. Philip Howard, University of Washington
- Eni Scholarship, St. Antony’s College, University of Oxford
- University of Jos Distinguished Alumni Award
- Best graduating student, Department of Mass Communication, University of Jos.
American Political Science Association (APSA)
International Communication Association (ICA)
International Political Science Association (IPSA)
User Experience Professsionals Association (UXPA)